This May, I've come together with 28 other businesses to raise funds for Breast Cancer Foundation New Zealand!
Nine women a day are diagnosed with breast cancer in New Zealand. That's over 3500 every year.
I've known many women who have been affected by breast cancer; family, close friends and through my business, many breast cancer survivors who have come to me with their specific bra design needs. And with the support of these other businesses and yourself, we are well on our way to contributing to a future where breast cancer is much less common and those that are affected have 100% chance of survival.
This is a two part fundraiser! You can read about Part One here - a local gathering. But for those of you who aren't local or can't make it to the in-store event then I have an incredibly exciting way you can support Breast Cancer Foundation New Zealand.
GIVEAWAY ~ Donate to Nellie Joans's Pink Ribbon
and be in the chance to win
an epic gift basket full of sewing goodies!
I have nearly been beside myself with elation over the last month as I have gathered support from sixteen other sewing related businesses to bring you a chance to win the most epic sewing gift basket! The goodies in here will appeal to both bra-makers and garment sewists.
What can you win?!
This is the exciting part! This gift basket of sewing goodies is huge, thanks to the involvement of the following wonderful businesses. Here is a list of what has been donated to the gift basket.
The Fine Cloth Company ~ 2.5m of bubblegum pink linen
Joan’s Fine Fabrics ~ Loungewear kit - Merchant and Mills pattern, fabric and notions
Audsley Sarah Designs ~ Pink roller chalk, button sewing gauge, SOHMO embroidery needles
Inside Voices Labels ~ A jumbo multipack of labels
Rubies Bras ~ Sahaara Wireless pattern pdf
Annie and Myras ~ Grace Bra pattern pdf
Sew Projects ~ Winners choice of a pdf pattern
Sew Love NZ ~ A custom pink bum-bag perfect for sewing snacks
Muna and Broad ~ 5m of Muna and Broad elastic and the Dulcie pdf pattern
Emerald Erin ~ Winners choice of 1 x bra pdf pattern and 1 x briefs pdf pattern
B’Wear ~ 2 x pink ribbon bra kits
Below the Kowhai ~ A paper pattern of the adult Tipa Dungarees
Madalynne Intimates ~ Galina bra kit ‘Very Peri’
Studio of Sewing ~ 12 pages x AO pattern printing plus shipping
Miss Maude ~ Tauko magazine issues 5,6, and 7, tailors clapper, gift voucher $50
Harmer and Huff ~ $150 NZD Harmer and Huff gift voucher
Nellie Joans ~ A collection of my favourite sewing haberdashery
A selection of the goodies you can win.
- Each $10 donation to the Nellie Joans Pink Ribbon page equals one entry into the draw
- All money received will be paid directly to Pink Ribbon New Zealand.
- The giveaway will run from the 13th - 28th May.
- The draw will be made by a Justice of the Peace on the 31st May and the winner notified by email.
- There will be a single winner of the gift basket.
- The winner will be announced on the Nellie Joans Facebook and Instragram accounts.
- The giveaway is open to those residing in New Zealand and Australia (shipping costs of physical items prohibit a world-wide giveaway.)
- Nellie Joans will ship the physical items to the winner and will liaise between the winner and prize donator on any digital items.
How to Enter:
- Go to the Nellie Joans Pink Ribbon Host page
- Follow the steps to make your donation
- Pink Ribbon will email you a receipt
- Forward, via email, a screenshot of your receipt (like the example below) to firstname.lastname@example.org ~ I can see details of your donation via my Pink Ribbon page but this is so that I can connect it to an email address to notify the winner - so this step is important.
Example of Receipt