Here is a kit specifically tailored for beginner bra makers and contains materials that work for either Orange Lingerie's Marlborough Bra or Cloth Habit's Harriet Pattern 'View B'.
Both of these patterns have beginner friendly instructions, as well as, supporting information that can be found on their blogs and have been successfully made by many bra makers.
A card is included in the kit that labels the fabrics and elastics along with their purpose so you can easily identify what is in the kit and how to use it.
Each fabric is labelled with the cutting direction to match the pattern pieces.
The kit contains a sample set of 3 x underwires. Choose your underwire size based on the measuring instructions in the pattern and add the size as a note to your order. You will receive this size plus the size above and below so you can choose the best fit. The two underwire sets that you don't use can be returned and exchanged for the correct wire size.
The Marlborough pattern comes with the 'Orange' style underwires and the Harriet pattern comes with the 'Regular' style. There are also printout links for the underwire size charts available on the underwire listings.
The kits are named based on the colours of the duoplex (view the duoplex listings to see a photo of the colour) and the other materials and findings are all in the same colourway meaning you don't have to worry about changing thread colours while sewing.
Kit contains: (matches materials list from patterns)
- Duoplex ~ Fat 1/4 (72cm x 50cm)
- Stretch lace ~ 50cm
- Powernet ~ Fat 1/8th (36cm x 50cm)
- Sheer nylon lining ~ Fat 1/8th (34cm x 50cm)
- Hook and eye ~ 2 x 3 (2 row)
- Rings and sliders ~ 1/2" (12mm)
- Picot/Lingerie elastic 10mm ~ 1.5m (the Harriet bra specifies 6mm wide but the 10mm is fine to substitute with)
- Plush band elastic 1/2" (12mm) ~ 1.5m
- Strap elastic 1/2" (12mm) ~ 1m
- Clear elastic 1/4" (6mm) x 50cm
- Plush underwire casing/channeling ~ 1m
- Underwires x 3 sets either 'Orange' or 'Regular'
* A 19mm kit is available for the Marlborough pattern for cup sizes D+ (the Harriet Pattern still uses 12mm findings for these sizes.
Custom kits are always available so if you have a different pattern that you would like a beginner kit for then please message and a kit can be made up just for you.