Period Underwear Kit
Period Underwear Kit (Makes two pairs)
Period underwear is a mentrual option that I really wished existed when I reached puberty. It is such a simple solution that is not only discreate but familiar.
Period underwear is one of the more sustainable and environmentally friendly options. It can be used on it’s own or as a back-up to other sustainable options such as a menstrual cup.
They are a great backup when you hit pre-menopause and your periods become irregular. And are also useful if you are experiencing incontenance issues, or for pregnancy and post-partum use.
Ready to wear period underwear is still fairly pricey so sewing your own is not only a financial saving but you can use some pretty, colourful and funky fabric on the outside too. A great reason to look forward to your period.
This kit contains everything you need to make two pairs of period underwear* In either a ‘winter rose’ pink or a ‘graphite’ grey. Plus enough gusset fabric to make approx. two panty liners or put towards more underwear.
- Organic Bamboo knit ~ 50cm x 150cm
- Fold over elastic (legs) ~ black x 3m
- Stretch lace elastic (waistband) ~ black x 2.2m
- PUL - the waterproof layer, beige - 50cm x 50cm
- Bamboo Terry - the absorbent layer, white - 48cm x 50cm
- Microfleece - wicking layer, black - 50cm x 50cm
- Sewing clips, pack of 10
Recommended for use with the Moontide Period Pants or Menstrual Pad patterns by Sew Projects. (Pictured) Pattern not included.
Sewn items are shown as examples only and are in the colour ‘ocean’
* Two pairs is based on using the Moontide pattern, other patterns may require more fabric. The period gusset fabric is enough to make approx. 5 gussets so you could also make some panty liners with this kit.